The following guides cover all you need to know about using the EIN bundle function to create indexed and paginated court bundles:
- Beginner's bundle guide
- Step 1: Compiling content bundles on the EIN website
- Step 2: Creating paginated, indexed bundles in Microsoft Word
- Download the Bundle-Maker Microsoft Word add-in
- Errors and known problems
The EIN website 'Bundle' feature lets you store individual cases and country reports in 'Content Bundles' that you create. You can then turn these content bundles into court-ready, fully paginated and indexed Microsoft Word format documents using a special add-in for Microsoft Word. You can also add your own text, Word documents and PDF files to a bundle. If you have to create Tribunal bundles, this feature will save you many hours of work!
There are two main steps in creating a bundle. First, compile your content bundle on the EIN website. Second, work in Microsoft Word to create a fully paginated and indexed bundle. The following guides take you through the steps you need to perform to create bundles.
If you are new to bundles, we recommend that you start with the 'Beginner's bundle guide' - you should be producing paginated, indexed bundles in minutes!
Step-by-step instructions which cover creating a bundle from start to finish.
- Beginner's bundle guide - an easy to follow, graphical guide which takes you through the entire process of creating a bundle
The following guides cover how to work on the EIN website to compile your bundles of documents.
- Creating and adding material to a content bundle - the basics of how to create a content bundle on the EIN website and add material to it
- Switching, editing, re-ordering, cloning and deleting content bundles - this guide shows how you can switch between content bundles, delete bundles, clone a copy of a bundle and edit and re-order the items within a bundle
- Creating and adding excerpts guide - learn how to use the excerpt function to create and add excerpts from EIN cases and reports to a content bundle
The following guides cover how to work in Microsoft Word to turn your EIN bundle of documents into a fully paginated and indexed bundle. It is at this stage that you can also add your own documents and files to a bundle.
- Creating a fully paginated and indexed bundle in Microsoft Word - this covers the basics on how to turn your EIN bundle of documents into a fully paginated and indexed Microsoft Word document
- 'Undoing' a bundle in Microsoft Word - this shows how you can very easily 'undo' a previoulsy created bundle in Microsoft Word, allowing you to edit the materials in a bundle or correct mistakes
- Highlighting key passages to create a Key Passage Index - how to highlight passages to create your schedule of essential reading
- Adding your own text and Word documents to a bundle - how to add your own materials to a bundle
- Adding PDF files to a bundle and compiling a PDF bundle - learn how to add PDF files to a bundle and compile a PDF format bundle
- Adding printed documents to a bundle - if a document exists only in printed format, this will show how you can easily incorporate it into a bundle
- Listing and re-ordering the items within a bundle - how to view a list of the items in your bundle and rearrange the order of the items
- Click here if you need to download the latest version of the Bundle-Maker add-in for Microsoft Word
- Click here for details and solutions to known bundle errors and problems