Unfortunately, we are unable to answer immigration queries from members of the public or take any active involvement in immigration and asylum cases. Immigration law is strictly regulated, and EIN's position as a provider of immigration and asylum related information does not qualify us to give legal advice on immigration, asylum or nationality law.
This page details a range of support services that members of the public can access for support with immigration and asylum related issues.
Legal support and advice
Find a solicitor
https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ – England and Wales
– Select 'Immigration and changing countries' and enter your location to find a suitable legal adviser.
– Select 'More search options' to filter results by level of accessibility and languages spoken.
https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ – Scotland
https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors – Northern Ireland
Find a legal aid adviser
Use this to find a list of firms and organisations that can offer legal advice to people on low incomes whose issues fall within the scope of legal aid.
Wider support and resources
Find an immigration adviser
The Adviser Finder lists advisers who are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
You can search by:
– Type of advice (initial advice / casework / advocacy & representation)
– Fee charging / not fee charging
– Organisation or adviser name
Provides a list of organisations that can provide advice on immigration and asylum related issues.
This list is broken down into the following groups:
– General advice
– Advice for EU migrants
– Advice for women
– Advice for children or those assisting children
– Advice for LGBT+ people
– Advice for victims of people trafficking
– Advice for victims of torture or trauma who are seeking therapeutic help
– Assistance with housing or destitution support
– Advice on immigration detention
The Refugee Council's Infoline connects refugees and people seeking asylum in the UK with organisations that can help. The Infoline is a live national Freephone line (0808 196 7272).
– Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30am – 12:30pm
Migrant Help offer a variety of immigration and asylum support services, including:
– Free asylum helpline (0808 8010 503)
– Human trafficking and modern slavery support (support teams for South East England, Scotland and Northern Island)
– Vulnerable Person Resettlement Scheme support (01304 203977)