The Expert is the Founder and Director of Kuwaiti Bedoons Movement. Producing export reports for stateless people as well as, administration and consultations.
Experts on countries of origin by country
Occupation: Director of Kuwaiti Bedoons Movements
Countries of expertise: Kuwait
• The Expert was exposed to the Kuwaiti culture and dialect from his childhood all the way to adulthood
• Is familiar with Bidoon areas in Kuwait as he previously visited them.
• Has an in-depth knowledge of the Bidoon’s history, activities and longstanding problems.
• Has had contacts with hundreds of Bidoons including some known political activists.
• Has issued reports that have been influential in the court’s decision process.
• Uses a thorough and a detailed method of assessment.
The Expert was born in 1973 in Iraq, Basra city which is adjacent to the Kuwaiti border. In addition to having Kuwaiti relatives, the geographical proximity of Kuwait to the city of Basra enhanced his exposure to the Kuwaiti culture and dialect from his childhood all the way to adulthood. For instance, interacting with Kuwait nationals who used to cross the borders freely during the eighties during which and the Kuwaiti TV channels where mainstream TV in every Iraqi household in Basra.
The exposure to Bidoons was enhanced following the Iraqi invasion to Kuwait in 1990 as many of them were deported by the Kuwaiti authorities and the majority of them lived in the Iraqi cities of Basra and Thi Qar.
In 1994 he completed his Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering at Baghdad University, and in 2006 he completed his Master degree in Environmental Pollution Control at Birmingham City University and worked as an environmental researcher and advisor in 2007.
Since 2012 the main domain of the Expert’s work has been working with immigration law firms specializing in immigration and asylum work. He has worked with over 1000 immigration related clients. He has provided consultations for solicitors who sought his advice, he has also issued reports for their clients to be used as evidence in courts.
The Expert had the chance to visit Kuwait several times, the last visit was in October 2018. He therefore witnessed directly the life of Bidoons in their main hometowns such as Taima and Sulaibiya.
He became familiar with their cities, streets, shops and landmarks, he also had the chance to meet some of Bidoon prominent figures and activist.
Occupation: Bidoon Expert
Countries of expertise: Kuwait
Areas of expertise
- Authentication of official and non-official documents
- Country profiles, in particular the Arab states, Kurdistan, Turkey and Afghanistan
- Specific ethno-religious groups and faiths
- Political, social and cultural groups
- Tribal issues: tribes, feuds, structures
- Extremist and violent groups, including religious groups
- Human rights: law, debates and violations
- Women issues: e.g. honour crimes
- Human trafficking
- Economy and finance: oil, private and government sectors
- Disadvantaged groups e.g. children, minorities, mentally ill, disabled, terminally ill
- Different sects and faiths of Islam: Shiia, Sunni, Wahabism and others
- Availability of medical services
- State structure, military and security services
- Drug dealing and trafficking
- Integration and multiculturalism
- Extremism and related issues
Occupation: Director of the Middle East Consultancy Services
Countries of expertise: Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Palestinian Authority, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
Academic with expertise on many countries in the Middle East
Occupation: Consultant, writer, journalist. Senior Associate Member, St Antony’s College, Oxford University.
Countries of expertise: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Palestinian Authority, Syria, Yemen
The Expert is a Lecturer in Comparative Politics and International Relations of the Middle East.
Occupation: Lecturer in Comparative Politics of the Middle East (Gulf Specialism), Expert of Islamic Countries
Countries of expertise: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco and Western Sahara, Oman, Palestinian Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Occupation: Linguistic services of various kinds, including Language Analysis reports for determination of origin in asylum cases.
Countries of expertise: Afghanistan, Algeria, Burundi, Cote d`Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Palestinian Authority, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Syria, Uganda