Start: 12th September, 2022 at 10:00am
End: 13th September, 2022 at 1:00pm
Trainer: Brendan Beder
Online training: after booking, you will be sent a link to complete your registration on zoom.
For anyone wanting to become an accredited immigration advisor, this is the first step.
The course will provide an overview of all aspect of UK Immigration Law. It is designed for people who are new to the field – or want the latest updates – and will be particularly useful to those sitting the OISC Accreditation Assessment at Level 1.
Through two interactive sessions, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of immigration law, in line with the OISC Code of Standards and Guidance of Competence at Level 1.
• An introduction to the structure of UK immigration control - who is subject to control, entry clearance and in-country application procedures
• Sources of immigration law – the legislation, immigration rules, concessions and polities, and European law
• The main categories of entry and stay under the immigration rules
• The Points Based System for working and studying in the UK
• Family applications for settlement
• Nationality – through naturalisation and registration
• Introduction to criminal offences
• EEA rights of movement and residence
• Asylum (as permitted at Level 1)
Attending this course will not in itself lead to accreditation or the OISC granting exemption or registration, which is dependent on passing OISC audits and procedures. Find out more about becoming an accredited adviser here. Get set for your exams with our exam preparation courses - more details can be found here.
Please note that we strongly advise trainees to familiarise themselves with the OISC Code of Standards requirements and Guidance on Competence before attending this course. These can be found here.
To book this course, please visit https://www.jcwi.org.uk/Event/webinar-oisc-level-1-september-2022