Start: 19th September, 2022 at 10:00am
End: 19th September, 2022 at 1:00pm
Trainer: Brendan Beder
Online training: after booking, you will be sent a link to complete your registration on zoom.
This webinar is to prepare those candidates sitting the OISC Level 1 Competence Assessment Exam - find out more, including assessment dates, on the OISC website.
This course will equip delegates with skills, useful tips and learning to maximise the chances of passing the exam.
In this session we will cover:
• Overview of the Syllabus for the Level 1 OISC Exam
• Discussion in respect of OISC competency levels
• Overview of the mechanics of the exam including timings, pass marks and division of the two sections of the exam
• Resources and materials including rules as to permitted and prohibited materials
• Tips as to likely areas to be examined
• Guide as to examination preparation
• Tips on how best to deal with the exam on the day
• Looking at previous papers and discussing best approaches
• Undertaking a scenario based section of an exam paper under exam-like conditions
• De-brief following this and discussion as to how better to deal with the exam on the day
• Summary of best modes of preparation
Attending this course will not in itself lead to accreditation or the OISC granting exemption or registration, which is dependent on passing OISC audits and procedures. Find out more about becoming an accredited adviser here.
Please note that we strongly advise trainees to familiarise themselves with the OISC Code of Standards requirements and Guidance on Competence before attending this course. These can be found here.
To book this course, please visit https://www.jcwi.org.uk/Event/webinar-oisc-l1-exam-preparation-september-2022