WEB 1252 Financial Requirements of Appendix FM
Wednesday 17 January 2024 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
£55.00 - £165.00
It's all about the money! Together we'll explore the financial requirements of Appendix FM.
At the end of the course participants should fully understand the financial requirements in Appendix FM and the related evidential requirements in Appendix FM-SE, and be equipped to handle a range of applications involving different financial circumstances.
Topics will cover the requirements for partners and other family members under Appendix FM and Appendix FM-SE, including:
• calculating level of income/savings required
• permitted sources of income
• specified evidence
• methods of calculating salaried employment, self-employment, non-employment income and cash savings
• combining sources of income
• adequate maintenance test
• other sources of income, financial support or funds and the differing exceptionality tests
• case studies
The aim of this course is to provide an overview of the financial requirements for partner-based applications for entry clearance and leave to remain made under Appendices FM and FM-SE, and to explore in detail aspects of those rules. Come prepared with a calculator!
The session is aimed at those who are already practising in this area, and will assume working knowledge of the structure of Appendix FM within the immigration rules.
Tutors: Nath Gbikpi, Leigh Day and Adam Cotterill, Doyle Clayton Solicitors