Recent weeks have seen some the announcement of the most dramatic changes in the Immigration Rules in many years. New routes are created and old ones revamped. The Rules variously take effect on 1 December and 31 December 2020. Throughout Winter HJT will be offering courses covering these developments.
Our courses will look at the changes in detail and put them in context. Of course, pending publication of the associated Home Office guidance and actually working on real cases, we won’t know everything at this stage. But we can start to get our heads round the new era – and the sooner practitioners start to do so, the easier it will be to get on top of these sea changes to modern immigration practice.
This course will cover:
- The new Appendix ST Student route
- Short term studies
- How the new Rules work
- Understanding the Finance Appendix
- New rules on dependents and maintenance
- New time limits for making an application post-CAS and for postgraduate studies
- Modified English language requirements