Recent weeks have seen some the announcement of the most dramatic changes in the Immigration Rules in many years. New routes are created and old ones revamped. The Rules variously take effect on 1 December and 31 December 2020. Throughout Winter 2020 HJT will be offering courses covering these developments.
Our courses will look at the changes in detail and put them in context. Of course, pending publication of the associated Home Office guidance and actually working on real cases, we won’t know everything at this stage. But we can start to get our heads round the new era – and the sooner practitioners start to do so, the easier it will be to get on top of these sea changes to modern immigration practice.
In this live session Mark Symes and Rimmy Bedi will cover:
- Introduction to which changes happen when
- General refusal reasons revamped
- Condoned overstaying due to the pandemic
- The new Finance Appendix
- New English language criteria
- Repackaged criteria for continuous residence, application validity and Administrative Review
- Revamped visitor route
- Hong Kong British national (Overseas) route
- Rewriting of UK ancestry, Tier 5, Start-ups and Innovators rules