The biggest event in HJT Training’s history has now been scheduled!
2023 is HJT’s 20th anniversary. The Directors envisaged that HJT would pursue a mission to make immigration law more understandable and to provide resources for every lawyer working in the field to improve their client’s prospects. We all need to understand the opportunities and limits of judicial review work, and our 18th annual conference on the subject is a valuable opportunity to update yourself on public law’s ongoing relevance to immigration work – and a welcome opportunity for social networking.
We’ll cover subjects including:
- 2023: the year in immigration public law (Mark Symes)
- Making the most of discrimination law (Nicola Braganza KC)
- Unlawful detention, support & accommodation (David Jones & Tim Baldwin)
- JRs of business immigration route decisions (Mark Symes)
- Crossing the boundaries – JRs involving immigration law and its intersection with other areas (Amanda Weston KC)
- Public law considerations for Vulnerable Children and Adults subject to immigration control (Irena Sabic KC)
- A procedural update from Thomas Haworth from the Admin Court’s together with HJT Director David Jones.
The day will finish with a panel on modern public law challenges, from the NBA 2022 to the Illegal Migration Act 2023 (Sonali Naik KC joined by other speakers from above)
This event will be fully catered at etc venues in Monument . The price includes continuous tea/coffee, breakfast (available from 830am), mid-morning snacks, mezze lunch, afternoon cakes and a chance to enjoy celebratory drinks with us after the conference!
Spaces are limited due to venue capacity, so do book early to not miss out on this event! We look forward to seeing you!
Mastering Immigration Law subscribers will receive a 15% discount upon booking.