Presented by David Jones and Tim Baldwin
Ensuring prompt and appropriate provision of support and accommodation for those subject to immigration control can be challenging, with delays and flawed refusals exposing detained and vulnerable people to harm and insecurity. This course aims to enable practitioners to effectively navigate the system ensuring the best outcomes for their clients.
- Home Office accommodation obligations under the IAA 1999 and IA 2016
- The operation of the accommodation regime and the consequences of delegation to third parties (Migrant Help/ClearSprings)
- Accommodation issues in detained cases
- Contesting the suitability of accommodation
- Managing urgent applications and interim relief proceedings
- Future changes
Delegates will be provided with digital copies of materials via email. Please note, materials are NOT printable due to copyright.