North East Law Centre (NELC) is urgently looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Immigration Advisor/Solicitor to join our expanding team. A successful candidate must have IAAS/OISC Level 2/3 accreditation, good working knowledge of the UK asylum, immigration and nationality law; excellent verbal, drafting and interpersonal skills; high standard of client care; good organisational skills; ability to produce consistently high quality work as he/she will be expected to manage his/her own workload.
The candidate will be required to support all our funded projects that provide free one-off advice sessions to people on low income, as well as privately paying clients. They will also be required to provide training and workshops, as well as second tier advice to partner organisations and professional bodies.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Either a qualified solicitor or an OISC Level 3 accredited caseworker − Level 2 (senior caseworker) accreditation under the IAAS
- At least two years' experience (or part-time equivalent) of maintaining a caseload of complex asylum and immigration cases in line with OISC/IAAS and LAA regulatory requirements;
- Significant experience of providing immigration, asylum and nationality legal advice −
- Experience of appeals in the First Tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal, including working with counsel;
- Commitment to social justice and tackling inequality in the immigration system.
North East Law Centre is based in MEA House, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8XS, but we work across the North East. The postholder will ideally be based in the North East, however, we welcome applications from candidates outside of the North East and are willing to explore options including remote working on an individual basis.
If you have any questions or require clarification on any aspect of the information provided, please address your query to Michael Fawole via email: email@example.com, or to apply please visit our website www.nelawcentre.co.uk.
Newcastle upon Tyne