Tuesday 10 August 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Delegates who attend this session will learn about the operational and practical side of prevention of illegal working obligations on employers.
At the end of the session they should be in a better position to advise clients on their duties under the Prevention of Illegal Working legislation and how to deal with the ramifications of a breach in those duties.
The course will also touch on implications of Brexit and recent changes introduced to the Right to Work checks.
• Advising employers on prevention of illegal working checks – what, when and how?
• Advising employers on how to minimise the risk of discrimination claims when carrying out prevention of illegal working checks.
• Practical guidance for managing your clients' employment law risk when dealing with cases of suspected illegal working including: unfair dismissal, discrimination, breach of contract and deduction from wages claims.
• Common issues and practical tips
• Difficult cases: Employment restrictions applicable to various immigration categories
• Sanctions against employers and challenging these
• Special considerations for licenced sponsors
• Advising employers on civil penalty regime – sources, processes, points to check and ramifications.