Electronic Immigration Network
24 April 2015:
UN rights chief issues statement against "inflammatory and unacceptable" language after Katie Hopkins column in The Sun calls migrants "cockroaches"
The Independent: Landmark Upper Tribunal decision orders Home Office to arrange the return of deported family22 April 2015:
Mr Justice Cranston rules mother and five-year-old son deported to Nigeria in January must be located and returned to UK
European Commission issues ten point action plan on migration in response to the crisis in the Mediterranean21 April 2015:
EC agrees immediate action plan as Europe faces up to the dire situation in the Mediterranean Sea
EC says new European Migration Strategy being prepared as death toll of migrants in the Mediterranean rises20 April 2015:
European Commission says new strategy to be adopted in May in response to over 1,000 migrant deaths in the Mediterranean in recent days
Members site - key resources
Latest Case Law
- The Secretary of State for the Home Department v SS (Congo) & Ors  EWCA Civ 387
- MS, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 1095 (Admin)
- Apata, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 888 (Admin)
- RA (a child by his litigation friend) and BF v Secretary of State for the Home Department JR/2277/2015
- R (on the application of Waqar) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (statutory appeals/paragraph 353) IJR  UKUT 00169 (IAC)
Latest Country Reports
SI 2015 No. 768. These Regulations specify fees relating to immigration, nationality and associated functions. They are made further to the Immigration and Nationality (Fees) Order 2015, which sets out the functions in connection with...
SI 2015 No. 746. This Order, made under sections 68(2) and 69(2) of the Immigration Act 2014, sets out the functions in connection with immigration or nationality for which the Secretary of State is to charge a fee. Coming into force...
SI 2015 No. 694. These Regulations amend the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (including bringing the legal framework within which appeals may be brought against a decision taken under the 2006 Regulations into line...
Also available on EIN
Latest job vacancies
Alex Moran Immigration & Asylum
Times PBS Ltd
UK Law Associates