Electronic Immigration Network
17 January 2017:
Theresa May outlines plan for Brexit, says Britain cannot possibly remain within the single market
17 January 2017: Latest triennial review concludes that there is still a need for the OISC and the OISC is a satisfactory regulator
Centre for Mental Health finds confusion about legal procedures adds to distress of those in immigration detention12 January 2017:
Report analyses mental health challenges faced by detainees in immigration removal centres in England
11 January 2017:
Opposition leader lays out position on freedom of movement and immigration in major speech on Brexit
Members site - key resources
Latest case law
- Kaur (children's best interests / public interest interface)  UKUT 00014 (IAC)
- Treebhawon and Others (NIAA 2002 Part 5A - compelling circumstances test)  UKUT 00013 (IAC)
- R (on the application of Mohibullah) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (TOEIC – ETS – judicial review principles)  UKUT 00561 (IAC)
- Caroopen & Myrie v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1307
- R (on the applications of Mirza, Iqbal and Ehsan) (Appellant) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (Respondent)  UKSC 63
Latest country reports
SI 2017 No. 1. These Regulations make a number of amendments to the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016. Coming into force 31st January 2017.
SI 2016 No. 1149. This Order amends the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) Fees Order 2011 (S.I. 2011/2841). It reduces the fees payable for appeals heard in the Immigration and Asylum Chamber of the First-tier...
SI 2016 No. 1052. These Regulations consolidate the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 implementing Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29th April 2004 on the right of citizens of the...
Also available on EIN
Latest job vacancies
Duncan Lewis Solicitors
Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network
Bankfield Heath Solicitors