Electronic Immigration Network
8 October 2015: Home Office accepts that pregnant asylum seeker was unlawfully arrested and detained at Yarl's Wood
6 October 2015:
The current Immigration Rules are now in HTML rather than PDF format on GOV.UK to aid ease of access and navigation
Home Secretary uses Conservative Party conference speech to warn UK needs to have an immigration limit6 October 2015:
Theresa May warns that current levels of net migration are unsustainable, announces new plan for the UK's asylum system
1 October 2015:
Over 4,300 aslylum claims lodged in July, highest since 2009, but figures remain modest compared to highest in EU
Members site - key resources
Latest Case Law
- AA (Article 15(c)) Iraq CG  UKUT 00544 (IAC)
- SF, R (on the application of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 2705 (Admin)
- Weldemichael and another (St Prix  EUECJ C-507/12; effect)  UKUT 00540 (IAC)
- R (on the application of MS) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (excluded persons: Restrictive Leave policy) IJR  UKUT 00539 (IAC)
- Nabil and Others v. Hungary (App no. 62116/12)
Latest Country Reports
SI 2015 No. 768. These Regulations specify fees relating to immigration, nationality and associated functions. They are made further to the Immigration and Nationality (Fees) Order 2015, which sets out the functions in connection with...
SI 2015 No. 746. This Order, made under sections 68(2) and 69(2) of the Immigration Act 2014, sets out the functions in connection with immigration or nationality for which the Secretary of State is to charge a fee. Coming into force...
SI 2015 No. 694. These Regulations amend the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (including bringing the legal framework within which appeals may be brought against a decision taken under the 2006 Regulations into line...
Also available on EIN
Latest job vacancies
Immigration Advice Service
Halliday Reeves Law Firm
Lawrence Lupin Solicitors