Electronic Immigration Network
Theresa May calls for a return to the original principle of EU free movement, Angela Merkel calls for Europe to share responsibility for refugees1 September 2015:
Home Secretary says net migration levels "simply unsustainable", German Chancellor says refugee crisis is testing Europe's core ideals
27 August 2015:
Latest ONS report shows net migration in the year ending March 2015 reached an all-time high of 330,000
Illegal working punishable by up to six months in prison and an unlimited fine under new Immigration Bill26 August 2015:
Immigration Bill to set tough penalties for illegal workers and employers, Migrants' Rights Network warns prison is "grossly disproportionate"
25 August 2015:
German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees issues internal instructions suspending Dublin procedures for Syrians
Members site - key resources
Latest Case Law
- Amirteymour and others (EEA appeals; human rights)  UKUT 00466 (IAC)
- Iqbal & Ors, R (On the Application Of) v The Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 838
- The Lord Chancellor v Detention Action  EWCA Civ 840
- R (on the application of Tigere) (Appellant) v Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (Respondent)  UKSC 57
- R (on the application of Naziri and Others) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (JR – scope - evidence) IJR  UKUT 00437 (IAC)
Latest Country Reports
SI 2015 No. 768. These Regulations specify fees relating to immigration, nationality and associated functions. They are made further to the Immigration and Nationality (Fees) Order 2015, which sets out the functions in connection with...
SI 2015 No. 746. This Order, made under sections 68(2) and 69(2) of the Immigration Act 2014, sets out the functions in connection with immigration or nationality for which the Secretary of State is to charge a fee. Coming into force...
SI 2015 No. 694. These Regulations amend the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (including bringing the legal framework within which appeals may be brought against a decision taken under the 2006 Regulations into line...
Also available on EIN
Latest job vacancies
Lawrence Lupin Solicitors
QualitySolicitors, Jackson Canter Ltd
Manuel Bravo Project
Bankfield Heath Solicitors
Douglass Simon Solicitors